Thursday 9 July 2009

School Holidays


It's school holidays and Tiff drove up from Barragup on Monday to visit us, bringing Milly, Lachie and Angus.
This is Angus' first visit to Nanny & Poppy's house and he showed his delight by smiling for us and sleeping peacefully. So far, still a placid, easy going baby.
The weather was great for farmers and ducks but not too good for small children on holiday, bucketing rain most days and really cool, so we had to make our own indoorsy fun.
A cubby house under the dining table was soon turned into a rocketship filled with aliens with the help of Dougal, our imaginative 5 year old neighbour. What's one more stir crazy kid trapped in the house on a miserable wet day?
Milly baked chocolate slice for afternoon tea another day but we shook off all the calories before we ate any. They drew pictures on giant sheets of paper 2 metres square and then squealed and shrieked as they wrapped themselves up, shredding up a paper snowstorm.
Hayley and Kasey came to play with their cousins so I grabbed my camera and tried to get a good shot of all five grandies. Not so easy as they wriggled about and the bigger baby lunged at the small baby, causing the mum's to lunge at both babies.
Very early this morning I helped Milly to make her first quilt and I foolishly forgot to take a photo of it. She chose bright fabric for a simple set of rectangles and backed it with puppy fabric, and did really well guiding the cloth under the presser foot while I operated the foot control. This way I could stop before she sewed her fingers.
I'm not sure 4 is quite old enough as we did get a little bored before it was finished and I had to do the last half hour on my own but finished it is and has proudly gone home wrapped around Teddy.
Now tonight they are all gone, the house is quiet and sticky and I have time to blog again.
We are a little sad to be apart and look forward to the next time we see each other.

1 comment:

Micki said...

What a nice family picture! I can see that you miss them!
Micki