Tuesday 6 April 2010

How can I remember winter when it's not even cold yet?

Yikes! I'd forgotten about this little quilt I made for the Wintertime mini quilt swap.
I was late getting it into the post office 'cos I thought I was better at stitching than I actually am. I undid so much of it until I realised my second attempt wasn't any better. Eventually Carla received it in Tucson, Arizona. (I always want to break into song right about now...1949). She was so kind with her comments about it. I know it's a bit wonky...but it is finished. Hooray.

9 comments:

Liz said...

Oh Sue, I'd be very happy with wonky if that arrived in my mail box ;o)
Looks wonderful.
Lizzie
xxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous Sue..

Heidi said...

So pretty.. and I like to call the wonky-ness love in every stitch!

Julia said...

It's lovely Sue..
wonky is good...it adds a little charm to the stitchery..
Julia ♥

Jaye said...

Very nice!! I just got my winter mini swap sent off to Germany yesterday...a little late! I have to tell you, I am fascinated by Austrailia...that is one country I would really like to visit some day!

Rebecca said...

Great little quilt love the saying.
Hugs Bec

Micki said...

I love the quilt...Your stitching is wonderful and I love the fabric!
Micki

webbsway said...

Hi Sue
I love your project! It is the kind that just makes you happy , looking at it. I would call it a piece of ART.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1101652/folded_fabric_ornaments/
I hope you can see this - it is a Christmas ornament video.

Maggi said...

The whole design lends itself to being wonky anyway. Anyone would be glad to receive, it is lovely.