Saturday 18 September 2010

Friday Night Sew In











It looks like I'm back to my old habits. After my marathon set of finishes a week or two back I've been starting new things. Trouble is I still have a few finishes waiting to happen.
Last night was FNSI and I started not one but another 2 projects.
Big bold patterned whole cloth quilts.
I loved both the Poppies and the Birds & Berries fabrics in the shop yesterday and couldn't choose so I'm making up both.
The trouble with such clear open prints is that my FMQ will be very much on view so it's slowly and carefully for these babies.

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I have the same problem with starting new things!!! SIGH!!!

Liz said...

I love the poppies and at least you can do FMQ unlike some of us...
Maybe I need something like 'machine quilting for dummies'..?? ;o)
Lizzie
xxx

Bev C said...

Hello Sue,

Good luck with the two new projects. Have fun with them, I can see why they had to come home with you.
Have a great weekend.
Bev.xoxo

Maria said...

The Poppies look great. I am sure you will have finished the Birds and Berries by now too Sue.

Shay said...

Dropping in from FNSI.

I LOVE that red poppy print. I've never done a whole cloth quilt and frankly wont until my FM skills get a lot better.

Sometimes you just have to start a new project (or two ) Helps with the motivation...and adds to the WIP pile.