Tuesday 4 January 2011

My really big list

I found this chance to write my list at Tinniegirl's.
Lists and I get along really well. They help my learning deficient brain absorb info. I write lots of them.
These are a few of the things I'd like to change or to have happen in my life. This year or next, there's no hurry.
















1. Declutter and sort out my space. I have way too much stuff.
2. Take time to maintain a level of fitness...just enough to be comfortable. I don't want to run no marathons.
3. Try to be kinder to people. I have a sharp Sagittarian tongue which runs off by itself sometimes often..
4. Make fewer promises and then do better at those I do make.
5. Produce and sell enough quilts to finance myself into a mid arm quilting machine.
6. Be the catalyst to hold my busy family together. This involves planning group holidays and special gatherings when we can all enjoy each other's company across the generations. I really want my grandies to know all their cousins, aunts and uncles.
7. Attend funerals if possible. This might sound macabre but I was deeply touched by the number of friends who attended my dear Mum's funeral 10 years ago. It does help the grieving family to know you care enough to bother.
8. Always send Christmas cards, emails, notes and letters. I love to get them and I've noticed when I don't send any out they stop coming in.
9. Set goals. I need something to look forward to. Travel, concerts, parties, major purchases, whatever.
10. Trust the universe. This is a big one. Everything happens for a reason and just 'cos I don't see the big picture all the time doesn't mean it's wrong.

Well, not such a big list after all. I wonder what I'll think this time next year .
Pop over to Tinniegirl's blog to read more lists

12 comments:

BubzRugz said...

Oh my.... that looks like a list I need to do also....
Hugz

Suzanne Thomsen Newsome said...

I like your good list and believe it could be mine as well - except for selling quilts! Giving my little handmade pieces away is my preference - but it doesn't finance the purchases of more "stuff" - books, fabrics, beads, doodads! ~ Suzanne in Iowa

Heidi said...

I agree with them all. But #7 and 8 are my favorites! You can do it Sue!!

Marlene said...

What a great list and we could all adopt such a list, with our own interpretations to it.
I can so relate to number three being a fellow Sagittarian. I have my mid arm but my goal needs to be to get into using it-practicing on it is not enough.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I can really relate to 'send Christmas cards, emails, notes and letters', especially the handwritten ones. I do lots of email but not enough of the other and I'm going to make a point of doing more this year. I've set myself a goal to write one letter a month to a different person. A real letter full of news, thoughts, maybe even some art. I'm excited about it.

I hope all your dreams come true in 2011.

By the way, I love that beautiful photo of the old building. Is that your property?

Allie said...

There are SEVERAL things on your list that made me think - I'll have to add them to mine! Good list, Sue.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

That's a wonderful list Sue...this year is my Year of Declutter...Wonder how I'll go LOL!!! But I'm going to try and stick to it...Dzintra♥x

Crystelle said...

What a wonderful list....
You have your priorities together girl!


:)

Crystelle said...

I think it's a great idea to post your list. I should do the same...
Then you have to live up to it, and you can't start slacking in March.... or April....
Thanks for sharing. It is inspirational....!!!

Micki said...

It's a great idea to post your goals. I hope that this year I can achieve more than last year. Good luck!
Micki

Floss said...

I also like your list, and as a Sagittarian I suffer from the same issue, I have tried to be kinder for the last couple of years and so far it is working. (most of the time)

Anonymous said...

Is Bigfoot Genuine or mock? For over 4 hundred many years, there have already been reporting’s of a guy like monster that is wholly covered in hair.
[url=http://www.is-bigfoot-real.com/]sasquatch[/url]