Lists and I get along really well. They help my learning deficient brain absorb info. I write lots of them.
These are a few of the things I'd like to change or to have happen in my life. This year or next, there's no hurry.
1. Declutter and sort out my space. I have way too much stuff.
2. Take time to maintain a level of fitness...just enough to be comfortable. I don't want to run no marathons.
3. Try to be kinder to people. I have a sharp Sagittarian tongue which runs off by itself
4. Make fewer promises and then do better at those I do make.
5. Produce and sell enough quilts to finance myself into a mid arm quilting machine.
6. Be the catalyst to hold my busy family together. This involves planning group holidays and special gatherings when we can all enjoy each other's company across the generations. I really want my grandies to know all their cousins, aunts and uncles.
7. Attend funerals if possible. This might sound macabre but I was deeply touched by the number of friends who attended my dear Mum's funeral 10 years ago. It does help the grieving family to know you care enough to bother.
8. Always send Christmas cards, emails, notes and letters. I love to get them and I've noticed when I don't send any out they stop coming in.
9. Set goals. I need something to look forward to. Travel, concerts, parties, major purchases, whatever.
10. Trust the universe. This is a big one. Everything happens for a reason and just 'cos I don't see the big picture all the time doesn't mean it's wrong.
Well, not such a big list after all. I wonder what I'll think this time next year .
Pop over to Tinniegirl's blog to read more lists