Wednesday 24 September 2014

Just some rambling.

I don't seem to be blogging much these days but I'm still keeping busy.
This morning I put a pot of beans on to boil then took a shower, refreshed and dressed I toddled out to my studio to sew up this sample block for my "Bee".
I had great fun with this gorgeous pattern from Lori Holt and I'm really looking forward to getting 11 more blocks from the Bee group next month. Suddenly my nose twitched......
Oh dear.....
One wrecked pot, one very dirty stove and no beans for dinner.
Unless you like them blackened and scorched!

Yesterday I posted a couple of quilts to Finland. I am amazed by the postage costs these days, over $90 to send two small boys a quilt each. I hope they like them!
They came back from the quilter a week ago so I finished the binding and added a little extra quilting detail just so I felt I'd done some too.
I'm feeling very emotionally attached to these quilts, I have never met the boys who own them or their Dad, in fact I haven't seen their Mum since she was a young English backpacker travelling through WA nearly 20 years ago but I truly believe friends come for a reason, a season or a lifetime and this family is definitely in my life for ever. It is thanks to the internet now that I can see photos of them more frequently.

Another great friend I have thanks to technology is Lizzie @ A House in the Country. She was in Perth recently for her talented daughter's Art Exhibition so we made a date to take our cameras to Fremantle.

Maybe my new found love of photography is keeping me too busy to blog?

3 comments:

marina said...

beautiful quilts for overseas, there are going to be two very happy little boys.
The postage is getting so high but the value of the giving is priceless.

Diane-crewe said...

I am sure they will love their quilts ... I do xx YES it is expensive ... but ..I personally am sure it is worth it xxx

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely quilts.......glad you got to spend time with Lizzie........