Tuesday 4 August 2009

I'm a Gym Junkie

Today was the day I started at the gym.
There will be no photos displayed.
This body and it's 27 yards of Lycra do not EVER get photographed.
Seriously, I had fun, learnt about the intracacies of bench presses and balance balls.
Stretched things that have not stretched for a VERY long time and contracted things into spaces way too small for them.
It is a little intimidating. One whole wall is mirror and the opposite wall is window. Yikes, nowhere to hide and why is it that everyone else there is so lithe and fit looking?

5 comments:

Micki said...

Good for you...You are right though, mirrors always make us look stretched in some way.
Keep it up!
Micki

Eileen said...

You go girl! I have also made some radical changes and will be right there beside you a half~a~world away!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations! I joined a gym 2 months ago. It does get easier! Not everyone is fit and skinny. And you'll be amazed at how quickly you improve!

Unknown said...

They've just been going a little longer than you that's all . Keep it up (for both of us , lol)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I have now been going to the gym for 9 months Sue and it is the best thing I have done....it clears the head and you feel just so darn good....well done...enjoy your new journey.