Saturday 1 August 2009

A Tale of Cross Stitch




This gorgeous Cross Stitch belongs to Bev.
She loves crafts but until recently didn't consider herself "crafty" enough to actually make anything.



Bev bought the kit and her sister stitched it for her.




At least 6 years ago, Bev passed the completed stitchery on to me to have made into something. I was running my own interior design business at the time and had access to fabulous picture framers and machinists who could have created something wonderful with it.
I don't recall what Bev actually wanted it to be but when I found it languishing in a box of UFO's a few weeks ago I was a little embarrassed. So I set to work making a little quilt for her.
It was only last October that Bev asked me to teach her to quilt. So she, Delwyn and Shayla moved in for a week and with 3 machines set up on our long table the lessons began.
Now Bev can piece and quilt and bind like an old hand.
She certainly has been bitten by the "Quilt Bug".






In an effort to try to impress her I chose to quilt with gold meltallic thread. Slowly, slowly I worked over several days for hours at a time until it was finally completed.
I hope Bev likes it. It was mailed to her last week and although I'm writing this on Saturday I won't post it on my blog until I'm sure the parcel has arrived.
Just in case she checks into my blog and the surprise is spoiled.

No comments: