Saturday 29 August 2009

Nothing left but the photos.


Dutch Ginger Cake
1 and 3/4 cups of plain flour (sifted)
3/4 cup caster sugar
125 grams chopped preserved ginger
185 grams melted butter (not margarine)
1 beaten egg
mix with spoon, press into well greased pan, stud with blanched almonds, brush with milk and bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
NB: This one looks a bit lumpy 'cos of my ginger slip up mentioned in the last post.


Blue Cheese and Dried Fig Tartlets
You don't need a recipe, they are what they say they are,
buy Puff Pastry sheets, cut into 9 squares fill with a small dob of cheese and sliver of fig, cover with egg and cream mixture and bake around 20 minutes. Serve warm or cool.


Well I'm back from another fabulous Patch Day Out.
I do love these days of friendship and sharing, especially when they are held in such beautifal surroundings.

My baking survived the trip out there but didn't come home again. The casualties of hearty appetites I'm pleased to say.

5 comments:

Maria said...

They were yummy Sue as was all the other food and drink. Will have to do extra in the gym ah!!!!! It was such a lovely day.

Maggi said...

That ginger cake looks gorgeous - must bookmark this page!

Bev C said...

Hello Sue, I love ginger so will have to try this recipe. It looks yummy and obviously was. Have a great week.

JuliaB said...

yummmmmmmy! x

Ryan said...

Sue - You were one of my bonus winners for my July Birthday Giveaway. I haven't heard from you so I wanted to contact you.

Please send me you address and I will get you package ready to go on Tuesday.

ryanwalsh@stny.rr.com