Monday 10 August 2009

Quilting retreat






I've been on retreat. My first with the new club I have joined and I was given instuctions to have 4 gifts for my "Secret Sister".

Something for the kitchen, the sewing room, something handmade and lastly something that was masquerading! The theme of the retreat was "Masquerade" you see. I made Robin a cup cake potholder and included some bright cup cake papers, then for the sewing room I made a cute pin cushion keeping with the theme. The hand made gift was Yuletide Faery blogged about earlier and the masquerade just had to be two things 'cos I couldn't choose, a fizzy bath bomb, shaped like a cup cake of course and a little note pad but the pages were copies of $50 notes. So realistic but much too big to mistake for the real thing.


The drive to the retreat took nearly an hour and it was very foggy. I kept stopping to take photos in the mist and this one of the sun rising over the horizon doesn't quite do it justice.

The whole weekend was packed full of lovely activities, surprises and treats for everyone. The girls organising it all did a terrific job spoiling us.. I did manage to finish my Summertime Swap mini quilt between games and gifts and plenty of laughter tho'.

On Saturday afternoon we were presented with the gifts from our "Secret Sister". My sister was Deris and look at the gorgeous array of goodies she wrapped up just for me. They were all packed into the most beautiful quilt carrying bag made of Kaffe Fasset fabrics. I have tea and coffee, shortbread, chocolates (my favourite Lindt), a striking black, white and red plate, matching KF pincushion and sewing kit, a fat quarter as wrapping, a natty little calculator wrapped and smelling just like a block of chocolate and the wonderful bag she had made.





I feel very spoilt. Thank you so much Deris. I just love everything you gave me especially the beautiful bag. Did I mention the gorgeous bag in Kaffe Fasset fabric???

I will add a better photo of it soon

10 comments:

Sandi said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend.
You did get spoiled by your secret sister!

Anonymous said...

You were very spoilt Sue.
Mary

Michelle said...

What fun!!

BTW, Sue, I got your message about the Pay-It-Forward gift. I know you haven't forgotten me! I'm wondering, though, would it be ok if I started finding the folks to pay it forward to now, or do I need to wait?

JuliaB said...

Sounds wonderful! x

Micki said...

What lovely gifts, Sue!
Enjoy them all!
Micki

Liz said...

Lovely goodies Sue, sounds like it was a brilliant weekend. Looking forward to seeing some photos of that fabulous bag,
Lizzie
XX

Rebecca said...

Pleased you had a great weekend you were spoilt but you deserved it.
Big Hugs Bec

Bev C said...

Sounds like a lot of fun was had. Just love the presents that were given and received. Happy days.

Unknown said...

All those lovely things , lucky sisters !

Maggi said...

What a wonderful time you must have had. The Yuletide Faery is exquisite.