Sunday 19 August 2012

The colour of the sea


Here is the start of my Broome quilt
I've made lots of scrappy strips up in the colours of Broome,
The block with the circle in it is my depiction of the Staircase to the Moon

Here is a photo of a photo taken by the very talented Yane Sotiroski
I had to buy his book as my picture taking of the moon just didn't make the grade!
I still have lots of blocks to make, I thought I had plenty of aqua fabric
but I'm scratching through my tiny scraps to find still more pieces.
I thought this would be a quick quilt, using fabrics and scraps that I had on hand.
Maybe I was wrong.

6 comments:

marina said...

beautiful blocks and I love the description of the 'stairs to the moon'.

Needled Mom said...

That is just gorgeous . It will make such a pretty quilt.

Liz said...

oh I'm loving that, what a great idea. I have some bits of aqua if you can wait until I'm home next Saturday?
Lizzie
xxx

Maria said...

the Broome quilt is looking good sue.
Would you like me to bring around some aquas??????

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

My sister has seen that moon...apparently it's very beautiful...Your quilt is going to be gorgeous Sue!

Fiona said...

Oh - that is going to be awesome...
Hugz