Thursday 26 June 2014

Flimsies be

I've been enjoying some sewing time lately.

I have turned a couple of UFOs into Flimsies, lessening my pile of unfinished stuff before the first block of a new BoM arrives in a couple of weeks.
Do you think a Flimsy is a UFO?
No! Is it just like laundry hanging on the line is "washing" but as soon as you bring it in it becomes "ironing". Once the borders are stitched on, my flimsies go into another pile........now they are waiting to go to the quilter.

"The quilter" may be me, I haven't decided that yet but meanwhile they wait.


I am getting very excited about the new BoM I have signed up for.
"Christmas in Italy"
is beautiful, a little piecing, a little applique, a little stitching and a whole lot of yummy French General fabrics.
Meanwhile I have another few weeks to knock off some more UFOs.

8 comments:

marina said...

I like to think flimsies are not a ufo as such as I still like to display them unquilted.
love your snow globe quilt it looks great.
Love your new project, very pretty.

Gene Black said...

Since I quilt sections and join them, I think of my flimsies as UFOs. However, yours look great. I am not sure if I would consider them UFOs

Needled Mom said...

Your flimsy is so pretty and I LOVE that Christmas BOM quilt.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

These are all goreous.....

Diane-crewe said...

isn't it good to have a pile of "finishes" xx well done x

Fiona said...

such lovely quilts.. the snow globe one is so fun and what fun you will have on the next one...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

a flimsy is as close to finish you can get without the quilting.........which sometimes has to go in the waiting list.......

Tarnyia said...

No not UFO's they are WIP... well that what I tell everyone that enters my sewing room... love your quilts all gorgeous colours. Is the bottom one the BOM? Love that too... where did you sign up for that one?
xxx