Tuesday 19 May 2009

What a great weekend



I have just had the most wonderful few days. Drove down to Perth last Thursday morning and went straight to the big annual quilt show. Mary came with me and we stayed with her daughter that night. Then we returned to the show on Friday where I treated myself to EQ6 plus the whole set of books to go with it. I only hope I can teach myself how to use it now.


I also managed to fit in a visit with my dear friend Lynn, see her two gorgeous girls, Samaya and Sian off to school for the day and get my car serviced. Then that night Mary & I drove up to York to a Southern Cross Quilters retreat. I worked all weekend on my Spring Swap Mini Quilt which will be winging its way across the world soon. Can't say too much about where it's going in case my partner guesses it's for her. Shhhh! Here's a peek at it..... Sweet Peas.


The retreat was great fun, sleeping dormitory style, making new and catching up with old friends. I took an hour off from sewing to meet up with Glenda & her grandie Indiannah for coffee in the town. When I found myself so close to her home I just had to arrange some time to see Glenda again.


The long drive home on Sunday evening was sooo tiring but I'll be recovered tomorrow in time to go back to Perth to be with Tiff and meet our brand new grandson who is making his entrance into the world tomorrow.

No comments: