Monday 11 May 2009

Workshop with Lisa Walton


I've just spent the most wonderful few days
On Friday I started a two day workshop with Lisa Walton, brought to Dongara by our Patchwork Club. Lisa is a very talented textile artist and great fun as well. She patiently explained how to get to know all that our sewing machines can do and then turned us loose to experiment. Of course 2 days isn't enough time to finish a large quilt so now I have another PhD (project half done).
The second day was our wedding anniversary and my DH Joe took me out to dinner which was great after leaving him home to deal with three loads of laundry all day. Sunday of course was Mother's Day and I was delighted to score a full quota of phone calls and visits from all 4 kids. Not to mention choccies from Joe. I love it when they all make the effort to call me.

No comments: