Wednesday 13 October 2010

A Public Hanging in Dongara

After years of quilt making, months of planning, weeks of preparation and days of sheer hard work The Dongara Public Quilt Hanging is over.

According to the visitors to the show, over 1,000 of them! Our little club has done well.

We have fewer than 30 members and with us all working together we displayed over 200 brand new quilts, plus at least another 200 older favourites in Memory Lane and the beautiful themed display rooms.
These were set up to delight young and old., there was a bustling craft focused market and food and drinks available from the historic venue, The Priory Hotel.

I really enjoy setting up a theme room and this year selected  "Lilliput" to showcase tiny miniatures and the weeniest li'l quilts you could imagine.
Thanks to all the club members who made a tiny quilt to help fill up the teeny washing line.
This meant my display didn't need too much muscle to carry up the stairs!

I was still exhausted by the end of it all, mainly due to the late nights filled with much laughter and a refreshing drink or two over the weekend as we enjoyed the company of quilty house guests.

To see a full story of the show and lots of pics go HERE  to The Patch blog, where there are three posts all about it.
This week, work starts on the next Public Hanging to be held in 2013.
I think I might do a Red & White Room and feature lots of redwork.
I'd better get on with some stitching..................and finish Red Delicious, my Esther Aliu BoM which has been "resting" in a box for quite a while now!

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Glad you had a successful show.
Red and White for your Bee Balm block???

Allie said...

1,000 visitors is a very respectable number, wow! Good for you! Love your little display!

BubzRugz said...

It looks fantastic - I love your Lilliput display - what a great idea....
Hugz

Carole Burant said...

I will be back to catch up on your posts but right now I just wanted to invite you to my birthday party on my blog...get ready to do the jitterbug:-) xoxo

Bev C said...

Congratulations to the ladies Sue,

Just love the teddies having the picnic.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Micki said...

I wish that I could have seen it all! It ousnded like so much fun!
Micki